Photos for Women's Summit event:
quick and easy homemade veggie burger recipe. serves 2-3.
- half package of firm-extra firm tofu
- 2 table spoons of flour
- 2 table spoons of soy sauce
- three green onions (minced)
- 1/2 cup cut mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of whole peppercorn
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- lawrys seasoning salt to taste (about 1 or 2 tablespoons)
- olive oil
- pita bread
- combine and mash tofu in bowl, while adding ingredients - flour, season salt, soy sauce, peppercorn, garlic, green onions, mushies. (all vegetables finely diced / minced)
- heat olive oil in pan, form patties to desired size and start fryin. cook covered and on medium heat. getting the patties to 'stay together' is kind of tricky. after some trial and error i have found the easiest way is to let it fall apart a little for the first five minutes of cooking (flip after a couple minutes on each side). this lets more surface area of the patty to become that cooked golden brown. after about five minutes of this used the spatula to try and keep a little more shape. then cook about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- once the outside of the patty looks like it has a yummy crispiness to it, remove from heat. you can doctor it up like a burger (i.e. buns, lettuce, tomato, ketchup etc), pita sandwich (a lettuce, tomato, hummus, sprouts), or any crazy combination you can think of. The other day I stuffed it in a pita along with some tomato slices, some alfalfa sprouts, some feta, and a leeeetle bit of *rasberry chipotle sauce*. DELICIOUS.
enjoy friends & lovers!